Porcelain Veneers: 3 Reasons They’re Awesome
Porcelain veneers are shell-shaped attachments that go on the front of your teeth. They’re custom-fitted to your smile and have major benefits, including:
1. They can disguise imperfections.
2. They can be long-lasting and don’t require a lot of maintenance.
3. They act like real teeth.
Porcelain veneers are a fantastic option for anyone who is self-conscious of their smile or has reasonable concerns about further damage to their smile. However, that doesn’t mean they’re a good option for everyone! Talk to your dentist before making any decisions and explore all other options.
#1 Disguise Imperfections
If you have a tooth or multiple teeth that are cracked, discolored, chipped, or otherwise damaged, porcelain veneers may be a great choice for you. They improve the visual appearance of your teeth with a natural look (well, maybe a little whiter & straighter than natural teeth).
Because veneers are made of porcelain, they closely resemble the real thing. Your tooth’s enamel has a pearly, glistening appearance… and so does porcelain! The great thing is that there are different options in shading, so we can find something that closely resembles the rest of your teeth.
#2 Long-Lasting & Low Maintenance
When taken care of properly, porcelain veneers can last up to 10 15 years (sometimes even longer)! The good thing is that they’re also easy to maintain. Just follow these rules:
1. Keep up with your regular visits to the dentist.
2. Stay consistent with your brush and floss routine.
3. Kick bad habits, such as fingernail biting, chewing on pencils, or crunching on teeth. Too much pressure can chip or fracture porcelain veneers.
4. Wear your nightguard regularly! A night guard, if you’ve been prescribed one, will help protect your natural teeth and veneers.
#3 They Act Like Real Teeth
Something very appealing about porcelain veneers is that they function much like real teeth.
Once properly bonded installed, they might even perform better than your real teeth if they were cracked or chipped! You’ll be able to eat and chew better than ever. You’ll also be protecting your smile from further damage.
Another plus of porcelain is that it’s more resistant to staining than other solutions. It’s much like regular tooth enamel though, so that doesn’t mean it’s completely immune to staining or decay.
Connect with Newbury Dental to find out if porcelain veneers are an option for you!